Sunday, February 23, 2020

New Eco-Ideas

Spring Things - A Cleaner Clean



well, this is like going back to the OLD WAYS,
which may be the BEST WAYS.

I  think it all depends on your point of view.
your younger ones may be trying harder than we did to be ECO-FRIENDLY,
but WE didn't know we might be causing harm by using plastic, paper towels,
yada yada yada.

anyway, so NEW old-fashioned ideas:



Spring Things - A Cleaner Clean


even though it is still chilly, little things are giving us the hope of spring. And with spring always comes feelingof beginning again, of throwing open the windows, of purging old things and cleaning everything.

If you're like us and looking for ways, however small, to be more eco-conconscious and environmentally aware, here are a few things that will help to create a cleaner spring clean: from unpaper towels (that are actually birdseye cotton) to waffle weave cotton wash clothes and more, here are a few ways to begin the transition to a simpler and more sustainable lifestyle.


Spring Things - A Cleaner Clean


flower-sack towels, from Target, make the best wipe-ups,
& absorb more water, I use these for everything in my kitchen,
pop them in hot soapy bleach water to wash & then dry.

they last for years

THE UN-PAPER TOWEL


& I don't know about you, but I absolutely must have a towel
at my bedside (like in the great hotels) because I put lots
of cream & oil on my skin at night, especially feet, then those
fuzzy DOLLAR STORE socks over the oil on the feet.  but the
towels on the floor cannot be terry, the must be LINEN, cause it lasts
forever, always looks beautiful, and they also WASH BEAUTIFULLY.

the WAFFLE WEAVE TOWELS also make a beautiful presentation,
for guests, and again so easy to wash.

all these things INSTEAD of paper towels.

personally, I do not know how to quit paper towels totally, I use VIVA (no other kind of paper towel works for me)
to windex, clean my counter tops, cooktops, & surrounding areas.

also, I've discover the MAGIC of white VINEGAR & DAWN SINK
DETERGENT.

the combination takes all the white off dinghy glassware !!

imagine that !

& I'm just learning about SILVER CLEANING the really old fashioned way.  actually, I don't like doing this, but I like the result, so in a strange way it is kinda satisfying.

NOW, SUPER IMPORTANT:
insecticides

believe it or not
BORIC ACID Powder, Tablics, Chalk
gets rid of bugs, doesn't poison your pets,
or you...& works.

Now, this is the truth:

Diatomaceous Earth
kills bedbugs
get it at any pool suppy store in powder form, it's 100% natural & it works.

my pest control man told me !!






 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for so much helpful info now that spring cleaning days are imminent Marsha!
    I agree, the old ways are the best ways.

    Beautiful kitchen - I love it! Addition of the raw wood gives it a French touch - but of course modern cabinets are wonderful and so useful!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful ideas. I am trying myself to use as little plastic as possible. A large food chain in Canada, IGA has eliminated plastic bags. I usually ask for delivery for my weekly shopping but I also carry a bag with me for small purchases. I thought it will be cumbersome but I got used to it. We can change our habits, it is not so difficult.

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.