Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday/Thursday Quarantine Days

I've opened an EBay Shop
where you will find the children's apparel, beautiful scarves, handbags,
& tabletop items, including complete placesettings for 6,  designed by me
from years of collecting.
splenderosa2010



Quarantine Dressing
Sweats
or slightly better & slightly worse


prettypicsdelightfultips:
“modernviga:
“http://www.aurestudio.com/shop-garments/atelier-trousers-black
”
http://www.prettypicsdelightfultips.tumblr.com
”




my neighbors brought dinner to 3 of us in the building today.

WooHoo !!!

this, in the spirit of sharing & caring, is what we all need to do while this hideous episode is going on.

I'll admit:  I'm afraid !!

I'm afraid of NOTHING EVER BEING THE SAME.

I'm afraid of what we're giving up in order to stay safe.

however, one thing I cannot stand is seeing people posting about FASHION.  Seriously !?

fashion, as we know it, may be gone forever.
everyone is re-thinking of the huge expenditure of putting on the shows so often, the travel, yada yada yada.

as a person who used to be in fashion, I'm agreeing with
those thoughts.

gardening, flowers, veggies, our neighbors, our families, our
cities and our country are the things we should be focused on going forward.  & our local businesses, as I said yesterday.

& PLEASE

DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING 
MADE IN CHINA 
AGAIN

BUY AMERICAN MADE
even it is a bit more expensive






6 comments:

  1. Hello my dear, I am happy that you are in your apartment and that people are looking out for one another. Things are very scary right now and I think that perhaps the people posting fashion are posting to have a sense of normalcy in their lives, and maybe because its their livelihood?

    Whatever the case, life as we know it has changed and I hope that there are so many good things that come of this and I believe their will be. It would be a wonderful world if we did not place so, so much importance on what we are wearing or who is wearing it. Frankly I find fashion shows to be just that a show, and an enormous waste of money. Ironic that so many of the people who have the shows, and attend are the ones bitching and whining about climate change and how the rest of us refuse to do anything about it. I love fashion but I do not need a show filled with showey people to influence me to buy it.

    I also hope that by the time this is over that Harry and MEgan are old news. I do not want to have to hear about them everyday and how we should foot the bill to protect them. Stay safe my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, and you are so right about the girls posting about fashion gives them a feeling of normal again. I'm looking for a silver lining coming out of all this hideousness. And, yes, Harry got rooked. Sending love, darling friend....

      Delete
  2. Hopefully there will be days ahead when some things, good things, will be the same again Marsha. I too have the same fears as you though - tonight's updates for the the next two weeks here in the USA were quite terrifying!
    No more 'Made in China' for me if possible. Going to be a hard row to hoe though until we bring back manufacturing to this country. It must be done though - and definitely time limits for politicians!!!!!!

    Sorry, I'm guilty of posting a little Spring fashion post last week - just wanted the blogging gals to see a little color and lightness - we all seem to be in flannel pajamas and black sweatshirts lately!
    I'm gardening like a fool now - even planted my tomatoes today.

    Take care and stay safe - Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mary, you are so smart. Whatever you do is CORRECT. Term Limits. I think all of this will make that a necessary part of our government soon. I wish I had run for office when I was in my 20's. Just think what a difference really good American citizens could make. Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler, Schiff, all in government way too long, but long enough to GET RICH. They don't want change, they want the SAME as it benefits them. Marco Rubio, and our guy, Crenshaw, are the people we need going forward.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, would you be so kind as to consider offering good looking quarantine wear/work at home wear on your ebay site? I'm not a teen or an old lady and I just want something smart but comfy and cozy to put on! Not pajamas and not the thin, stretchy stuff I see everywhere. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, LOL LOL LOL. The new normal. Look at J Jill website. They have great knitwear, comes in all sizes from Petite to X1-2-3. Great Prices. The outfit I was wearing is from there, but may be sold out as I've had it for a couple of seasons. I have to walk my dog, so I must wear something "viewable" when I leave our building with him. The neighbors would talk, of course. It's hard, I know. It's hard to put makeup on, hard to do my hair. The whole thing is so overblown, in my opinion, but I think POTUS is doing the BEST for the citizens. This is a huge huge problem for our country. But I've read the recovery percentage is around 98% or more. Just do not know. Love you !!!

      Delete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.