Thursday, June 6, 2013

Beautiful Oushaks





a Martin Lawrence Bullard room

oushak rugs, oushak rug, oushak, oushak rugs for sale

using the rug as a base for the design scheme.

we can certainly see why, can't we?

Oushak rugs were hand-made in Turkey and originally were a superior quality of rug,
but once they became so popular they began being made in the tribal areas, using much larger knots,
and often having only 30 knots to the square inch.

today there are many commercial designs copying the old Oushaks,
but if you ever see one of the Turkish beauties you will be able to tell instantly what the
difference is.  

for those of you who have ready my blog for awhile you might remember I had the
unique opportunity to live in the Middle East for a short period of time.
my husband and I fell in love with the Persian rugs and because of this I was
forced to learn almost everything about them just so we would know quality and pricing.

the tribals were our favorites, but the beautiful Isfahans, Nains, Kashans were
collected because we knew we would have them forever.

I was forced to sell a beautiful antique Serapi a few years back, 
I almost died as I had used it as the base of my room also.  
Of course, I was delighted to find out  how much it was worth but I will always miss it.
Oh well.  It wasn't a diamond was it?

 oushak rugs, oushak rug, oushak, oushak rugs for sale 
another splendid example of design with a Oushak rug.


do you like this?

Photobucket