Friday, November 16, 2018

Do You See What I See ?





I was just at our local HUGE Iconic Nursery, Cornelius, here in Houston.

and, YES, poinsettias are abundant, but not yet out for sale.  
just waiting for Friday after Thanksgiving, I think.

Cornelius is our go-to place for bedding plants, shrubs, and all around
table-top items in their awesome gift shop.

they make beautiful bows for everyone's wreaths, packages, etc. IF ONE NEEDED HELP
with this.  I cannot imagine because I love doing it all so much, and after all these years of experience I think I've got it.

I'm leaving for the Texas hill country on Monday. 
will be gone until the next Monday.

house-guesting with one of my girlfriends, her entire family is nearby, and I know all of them,
so it should be FUN.

she's in Hunt, Texas, not too far from Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Ingram, all the
lovely small towns dotted around the countryside.
she has something planned for every single moment.

for Thanksgiving my job will be to make
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
&
Homemade Cranberry Sauce

she insists SHE makes the best dressing on the planet and will not allow anyone to get in the middle of that.  & we all know there are many different kinds of stuffing from different parts of
the country, but around here is Yellow Cornbread Stuffing.  just so you know.

I'm delivering, shipping many many many orders, including
the ones for the 4 shops in Houston, as well as the personal orders from
you guys.  I hired people to help me and, alas, it was more trouble for me as
they were not properly trained on what I needed, and insisted they could do it at their home.
Nope. That didn't work at all!

so, now I'm out of our LaLaLand labels, so many destroyed by them,
and I have a rush order from a big company in Los Angeles being worked on right this minute.

if you ordered anything from me from the webshop,
it's all here, and will be shipped out before I leave Monday afternoon...
probably without LA LA LAND labels at the neckline.  Dammit !!

more from the road, my friends.
xx's

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Hope you take photos of your adventures during the next week and share them with us all. Happy Thanksgiving wishes from Greece. . .where sadly Thursday will just be another day of the week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas will soon be with us Marsha !!! Have a wonderful time with your girlfriend. XXXX

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.