Tuesday, February 25, 2020

New Ways with Old Things

Admittedly, I am a collector of all things old & beautiful.

it's an addiction, I truly believe.

because I simply do not need ANYTHING ELSE coming into my small condo apartment as there is NO room for what I already have.  I know you know what I mean !!

but, now...I've found something very creative to do with
some of my vintage and/or antique pieces for tabletop.

I've starting mixing them up!



so keep popping back in to see me as I'm selling 
complete place settings all curated by me.

mostly in sets of 6 complete place settings.

including dinner plates, salad plates, base plates/chargers
& placemats/napkins, napkin rings & even glassware.

these will be dreamy creations curated by me, the former
Fashion Director of Sak's Fifth Avenue, lately designer
of toddler girl's apparel, jewelry maker, world traveller,
& grandmother of 5 littles.

a small example in the above photo.

my aunts & grandmother, and then mother-in-law,
all had collected beautiful things through out their lives.

I have been blessed with much of this.

these images below won't be for sale, they are my FAVORITES.
Arte Italica Sterling Silver Filigree Chargers
Emilia Castillo Black with Sterling Silver Leopards
Battenburg 100% Cotton Placemats & Napkins
Royal Danish Sterling Silver
Antique Napkin Ring






the selections which will be for sale won't be as
dramatic as these, but they are just as wonderful.
anyway, I'll be offering them for sale in the next few days & weeks, the whole 9 yards. 

not 1 place setting at a time,
all 6.

make a great gift to brides, a complete table laid with
beautiful and very hard-to-find vintage/antique pieces
coupled with some modern accessories.

or, if you're a younger reader of my blog and/or Instagram
this could even be FOR YOU !!!

those of you who know me, know I will only sell the best,
you won't find big chips, cracks, soils, spots on anything,
& it will be worth every single penny !!

Cannot WAIT !!!

let me know what you think, please.

xx's

also, by request, my Ebay Name is:
splenderosa2010






8 comments:

  1. I am so in!! But I cannot see a picture on my computer!! Please let us know what the treasures are as soon as you can. I have several weddings and anniversary coming up and all would love anything vintage and beautiful! I love mixing mine as well, so such a great idea!
    (Please excuse the publish name, I was going to have a blog and then changed my mind, and can't delete the darn thing, I have tried everything!!)
    Judith Presgrove (I am just down the road in Cypress yea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, sounds amazing BUT can't see the photo you posted!
    Can you check - perhaps reload please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, sounds amazing BUT can't see the photo you posted!
    Can you check - perhaps reload please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea. Unfortunately, no picture pops up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picture didn't come through - can you re load? I will go to IG in case you posted there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this idea. Unfortunately, no picture pops up!custom made blankets

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a wonderful idea! Don't you just love playing and living with beautiful things? I always say we are still playing house!

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.