Saturday, March 28, 2020

Monday Mood

I've opened an EBay Shop
where you will find the children's apparel, beautiful scarves, handbags,
& tabletop items, including complete placesettings for 6,  designed by me
from years of collecting.

Rockefellar Center Yesterday

& now, on to the day's thoughts:
still in quarentine

it's not bad at all as all the NECESSARY shops/stores are open.
everyone, but me, is wearing masks.
I do put plastic bags over my hands in the grocer, gas station, etc.
& WASH often, then antibacterial wipes around me & everything else, including the steering wheel, etc.

& the really good thing is that I've heard no one complain too much, and just think how much $$$ our LOCAL businesses are 
losing every single day.

thankfully, most of them will have access to the funds the President has provided to small businesses.  I think a "small business" is one who employs 500 people or less.

It is hard not to go to the local outdoor patio dining spots.
I DO miss that.

& now, on to the sad news of the day:
my lovely daughter-in-law has been diagnosed
with Stage 4 Cancer
in her lung & metastasized to her spine.

She will be treated at MD Anderson Hospital here in Houston,
& the physicians have indicated she is curable, but that she
has a long, hard treatment period before her, the 1st one is on Monday, a 4-hour infusion.

they have 4 little kids, aged 4-12.

her name is Gisele.
please add her to your prayers, my friends.

we all know how powerful that is.

sending love to all of you on this beautiful Saturday in Houston.





13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! She had her 1st chemo infusion yesterday, my son tells me she did very well, didn't get sick. We are praying.

      Delete
  2. How do I find you on eBay? Have tried several ways but none worked. Could you possibly add a button to the side of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I added the link up top! Thank you for telling me this. I must have been unconscious !!!
      xx's Marsha

      Delete
  3. Oh Marsha, that is such sad news about your daughter-in-law. My heart goes out to her and your family. It's a ray of hope that it's curable, and many cancers are now, so praying the long journey ahead will be managed with the help of her physicians and support of her loved ones.
    Blessings to Gisele, love to you all at this very trying time.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear from you Marsha! Agree totally on our current journey of being a temporary shut in. Regarding your lovely daughter in law- praying for her each day including your son, their children, and you. Have a lovely Sunday. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we struggle through this unprecedented health emergency, we often forget those who are dealing with other struggles, medical, personal, financial. I hope and pray for your dil, give her strength of endure her treatment and her family the strength they need to adjust for that. Take great care, this virus is a killer. Here, in the North East, we are struggling to survive. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gisele and your entire family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We are looking to our Lord to help us heal, both my beautiful DIL and the world.
      xx's

      Delete
  7. Oh Marsha, I’m so sorry to hear your sad news .... your family must be so worried for Gisele. It’s good to hear that it is curable ..... am thinking of you all. Take card all of you. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my love. She had her 1st chemo yesterday. No bad after effects at all. And, we are praying for the entire family. I love love love you !! xx's

      Delete
  8. My dearest Marsha
    I am so very sorry for the diagnosis of your beautiful Gisele you and she are in my heart and prayers darling. To think of her going through this, is very difficult as a young mother.
    Our world is facing so much that must not be the only priority and I hope that she receives the very best care when she needs it most. We must all keep supporting each other now more than ever
    I am thinking of you and send all my love
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Sally. We are all looking to our Lord to help us through her illness and the world's illness. Just so much all at once. Your words mean so much to me. xx's

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.